PTA Calendar: General Meetings
- Next General Meeting March 14th 6:30, MU You're invited to join your PTA in the Multi Use Room at Hearst Elementary. We are pleased to host Linda from Teen Esteem https://teenesteem.org/ . She will educate us on 'What kids wish their parents knew!'
Hearst Elementary PTA General Meeting Minutes 11/29/2016
Meeting brought to order at 7PM
President Report- Jen Flynn
· Welcome remarks
· Nominating Committee- Has identified a 3-person committee to fill board positions for the 2017-2018 school year. Motion by Jen Flynn to nominate Hilary Stephens, Olivia Melaugh, and Christina Fakiri as the nominating committee for the 2017-2018 school year. 2nd by Shelly Schultz. Nominating Committee approved.
· 3rd Chrome cart has arrived at Hearst and is already in use!
· Measure I1- The school district facilities improvement bond measure passed in this November election. For more information please visit: http://www.pleasantonusd.net/apps/pages/MeasureI1
E-connect- families at Hearst can sign up for weekly updates and information via the Hearst Headlines. For more information and to sign up please visit: http://www.pleasantonusd.net/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=301231&type=d&pREC_ID=708081
Secretary- Kristen Stedman
· Minutes from the September 20 2016 meeting were distributed. Motion to approve by Kristen Stedman. 2nd by Julie Grijalva. Minutes approved.
Treasurer- Mojgan Shariaty
· Treasurer report from September 1 – October 31st was distributed. Motion to approve by Mojgan Shariaty. 2nd by Shelly Schultz. Treasurer report approved.
· Motion by Mojgan Shariaty to ratify check numbers # 2723-2755. 2nd by Olivia Melaugh. Aforementioned checks ratified.
· Cookbook update- Over 200 recipe submissions. The cookbooks will be for sale likely in February for approximately $20.
Principal Update- Elias Muniz
· Thank you: teachers and staff for a great 1st trimester. Tara Brown and families for the Hearst garden improvements, PTA for support of the Reflection Ceremony, Trunk or Treat Event, endorsement of Measure I1, and purchase of our 3rd Chrome Cart
· 2017-2018 calendar will be adopted sometime after Winter Break, likely February and will be shared with the community. Tentatively plan on starting school sometime in mid-August
· In late January the school board will make a recommendation to adopt a new ELA/ELD curriculum for the 2017-2018 school year. Over 10 years since a curriculum was adopted. Piloting programs currently underway are looking at: 1) Benchmark
2) Wonders and 3) RRW Units of Study
VP of Services- Christina Fakiri
· Family Breakfast to be held in place of Muffins with Moms, Donuts for Dads. Date will be January 18th
· Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon to be held on May 24th
VP Fundraising- Shelly Schultz
· Fun Run- huge success- raised over $50,000.00 for Hearst. Looking for a chair for next year.
· Monarch Night Out- The next Habit Monarch Night Out will be on December 6th
Parliamentarian- Tara Brown
· Auction- event to be held on March 18, 2017 at Castlewood and planning is underway and all is moving smoothly. Theme will be a hula theme.
· Jamba Juice sales will start up again in the springtime and proceeds will help fund 4th grade Outdoor Ed.
· Garden Update: has been completed with help of Hearst families over the long weekend.
Enrichment- Uzgen Rencuzogullari
· Reflections winners were announced. Uzgen will continue working on this event for next year.
VP Fun Events- Jenn Schmidt
· Movie Night- Coming up December 9th. Movie: Finding Dory
Dates to Remember:
· November/December: Caring Heart
· 12/9 Movie Night
· 12/15 PTA sponsored Staff Lunch
· 12/22 Minimum Day and 12/23 No School (Winter Break 12/22-1/6)
· 1/18 Family Breakfast
· 1/27 Disco Bingo
· 3/18 Auction