Our Fabulous Hearst PTA
PTA, what do you say? Please join the PTA!
The PTA supports our students and school.
To learn more please contact our President, Lea Odom, email@example.com
What is the PTA?
The PTA (Parent Teacher Association), established over 100 years ago, is the largest volunteer child advocacy organization of parents, educators, students, health and welfare professionals, and community members working exclusively to improve the education and well-being of ALL children and youth at home, school and in the community.
The Goal of the Hearst Elementary PTA is to positively impact the lives of all children and families in the Hearst community. We will do this by:
- Supporting educational programs at school, both financially and through volunteer hours
- Provide social opportunities for the community to come together as families to celebrate our children
- To communicate with our membership through our Hearst PTA website, periodic news and events updates, and providing a student directory
- Reaching out to our diverse cultural mix in an effort to have all students and family members feel accepted and included in the Hearst community
Why should I join the PTA?
PTA membership is more important to the welfare of your child’s education than ever before. Your membership and contribution directly enrich the educational experience your child receives at Hearst, especially in the areas of science, reading and technology. PTA membership gives you the right to vote at PTA meetings, ask questions and be updated on important local school issues.
By joining the Hearst PTA, you also join forces with nearly 1 million other parents throughout the state of California. PTA's motto of "everychild. onevoice" is able to be advocated on behalf of public schools, children and families. The PTA is the nation's oldest, largest and highest profile volunteer organization working to improve the education, health and welfare of all children and youth. The PTA also advocates at national, state and local levels for education and family issues. The PTA is nonprofit, nonsectarian and noncommercial. For more information about the California State PTA advocacy campaigns, please visit www.capta.org.
What benefits do I receive as a member of the PTA?
PTA Membership offers you the opportunity to:
· Vote on issues directly affecting Hearst and your child's education
· Participate in your child's school
· Work in partnership with educators and legislators
· Promote student enrichment programs
· Participate in a multi-level support organization
· Train at all levels of involvement
· Demonstrate concern for all children
· Make a difference in your community
Members receive discounts from LOCAL businesses. (You will need to show your PTA membership card to receive discounts. CLICK HERE (for a complete list of websites, addresses discount offers)
Due to the size of the national PTA, they are able to partner with businesses and negotiate special discounts. These member benefit providers include:
· Barnes & Noble.com (5%) Website
· Southwest Airlines Vacations (5%) Website
· Sharp Electronics Website
· T-Mobile (14% monthly service charges) Website
· MetLife Website
· Medic Alert Website
· One free admission to Legoland California with the purchase of a full price admission Website
What are the Membership Dues?
Hearst yearly dues are $13 per member. Your membership fees are shared by our local Council, District, State and National PTA.
$7.75 – Hearst PTA
$0.75 – Pleasanton PTA Council
$0.50 – Peralta PTA District
$1.25 – State PTA
$1.75 – National PTA
Don’t miss out on all the great things the PTA does for our school!
If you have any questions, please contact Lea Odom @ firstname.lastname@example.org