Hearst Elementary 2018-2019
Welcome to Hearst! My name is Lea Odom and I'm the new PTA President for the 2018/2019 school year. I am both an educator and parent, and am looking forward to working with everyone this upcoming Fall. Please email me with any questions!
Lea Odom, Hearst PTA President (2018/2019)
Volunteers Needed for 2018-2019 School Year
These are the Open PTA positions for the 2018-2019 School Year. If you would like to volunteer, please email Lea Odom at firstname.lastname@example.org
THESE POSITIONS ARE STILL AVAILABLE:
1. Auction Committee Help
* Business/General Contacts
* Parent/Class Donations - aka Auction baskets
* Accounting (Receiveables/payables)
* Event planning and Booking
* Online database, bidding software and informative website
* Auction item preparation
* Student/Teacher experiences
* Advertising (flyers, banners, social media coordination)
2. Services: Oversees and helps PPIE Rep, person in charge of child care and person planning
assemblies PTA would like.
3. School Smarts Program: School Smarts is California State PTA's research-based, award-winning program that promotes inclusion and meaningful parent engagement. School Smarts helps parents from all backgrounds gain knowledge and skills to be more effective advocates and leaders on behalf of their children and all children at our schools.
Steering committee members, play an essential role in shaping the positive experience of parents in the program. In collaboration with your facilitator, school and district staff, local and state PTA volunteers, and our California State PTA School Smarts program staff, you are a part of a dynamic team dedicated to continuing to discover, develop and refine strategies for parent engagement and knowledge building, as well as new ways to reinforce the value of the arts in a child's education.
If you are able to take on any of these jobs please emaill me (Lea Odom) at email@example.com